Thursday 24 December 2015

Butter Tarts

Butter Tarts
When I think about holiday cookies the first thing that comes to mind is my grandmothers butter tarts and now they are the one thing that I always make for the holidays. Butter tarts are a Canadian pastry consisting of a custard made with butter, sugar and eggs in a pastry shell. I guess butter tarts are normally made plain like that but in my mind they just aren't butter tarts without adding walnuts and raisins, just like my grandmother used to make them! I do like to add my own touch to the recipe by replacing half of the sugar with maple syrup which adds a hint of something special to them. These maple butter tarts are simply amazing! The all butter pastry is nice and golden brown and light and flaky and melt in your mouth good! The maple custard sets nicely and it's perfectly sweet and gooey and oh so good! Butter tarts are another treat that freezes well so you can make them ahead of the holidays to lighten the load during that busy time. Frozen butter tarts also make a great gift; I know I always enjoyed receiving a large container of frozen butter tarts from my grandmother to take back with me after the holidays.

Read the recipe »

Related Article

Butter Tarts
4/ 5
Oleh

Subscribe

Like this article? Please feel free to subscribe via email