Wednesday 23 December 2015

Maple Candied Bacon

Maple Candied Bacon
Over the holidays I like to give homemade treats as gifts and although my favourite gift is the maple bacon jam this candied bacon is a close second! Candied bacon is essentially bacon that is coated in sugar(s), in this case maple syrup and brown sugar, and roasted until the bacon is cooked and the sugars melt and form a sweet coating wrapped around the crispy and salty bacon! When I was a kid and went camping one of my favourite breakfasts to help out making was pancakes and bacon because I could pour some maple syrup into the pan while I was cooking the bacon and it would coat the bacon and caramelize on it creating this amazing combination of sweet and salty in the crispy bacon and this candied bacon is pretty much the same idea! Once the bacon is coked and crispy it's the perfect gift Bacon-mas, I mean Christmas! (Assuming that you can resist eating it all yourself!... My precioussss...)

Read the recipe »

Related Article

Maple Candied Bacon
4/ 5
Oleh

Subscribe

Like this article? Please feel free to subscribe via email